Friday, September 22, 2006

About me: " I am a simple kind of person,fun loving...blah blah blah".....Ohhh Orkut hallowed be thy name.

Since I have decided to eulogize Michael Schumacher after the chequered flag falls at the Brazilian Grand Priz.And since I have been using way less than my fair share of blogosphere bytes I decided to force myself into writing this.
Anyone of us who spends a few hours a week on Orkut (In my case a few days a week) is bound to have come across one of these cliched responses.Here's my little compilation,based on the 25319 profiles I viewed over the past year and a half (most of them of people I don't know,and unlikely to ever know).

About Me
I am a very simple kind of person/girl/boy/gal/guy.
I am emotional and sentimental.
I am very friendly.
I am a fun loving person/girl/boy/gal/guy.
I love my friends/Friends mean the world to me/I love spending time with my friends.
I like to live life to the fullest.
It feels strange to write about myself,so why not ask me and I'll tell you.
I like to read (showing off intellectual depth, I am sure).
....and many more.

Five Things I can't live without
Apparently most orkutters can't live without food,water,air(some prefer to write carbohydrates,protiens,H2O,O2 etc).Love,parents and a cell phone are enough for the rest of them.

Well,that's all I can think of on this lazy Saturday morning,comments and praises welcome.

PS: Assertiveness turns on most women.So the next time you are on a date,say "we are having the cheese pizza with biscuit toppings", you just might get lucky.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...i dont like using hackneyed phrases and comments....and with millions of users on orkut the most creative person will find it difficult to write something new or different...and ostensibly the most unique remarks wont be so unique....so i have left the "about me" column blank.nyways my orkut frd list contains only those who r my "friends" so there is no need to tell them about myself.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Varun Murali said...

Bet girls from our college (those sahi lagti hai types and those who "i didn't know of and unlikely to get to know") constitute a significant percentage of those 25319 profiles going by your findings.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google